Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chiang Mai and, blog-literate...

Flying into Chiang Mai today was a reminder that this part of the world really is in the midst of some beautiful forests and amazing mountain country. I feel as though these two days are enough time for me to land (and actually acknowledge that I have left home for a wee while) and feel into this new adventure. Asialink! I am being funded by the Australia-Thailand Institute and Arts Queensland (thank you very much) to be here for three months as an Arts Management resident Well, what to expect - I am not really sure yet but what I do know is that I am meeting Richard from Makhmapom Theatre Group http://www.makhampom.net/makhampom/makham2008/index_en.php (the organisation I am being funded to work with) on Thursday and then heading to my new temporary home of Chiang Dao. Apparently, I have a house there that I will be renting! Will keep you all updated...

Today however, was all about... arriving, airports, lovely Chiang Mai Thai House (thank you j star for the great tip), napping, orange and pineapple fruit shakes, lotus root tea, massage, walking, dinner at lemongrass with my friend jamie who is here studying massage and of course, getting myself a rockin blog (thanks sumit for the hot tips!)

Please do not feel obliged to follow however, I hope to be able to write you some interesting stories on this here little piece of the world wide web...

So, love and light and sweet dreams to you x

Jade

1 comment:

  1. my mouth is of course agape, dearest i will always be behind, but eventually i will catch up and wish you.... Kush Haal!

    ReplyDelete