Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Slowly but surely....

I am finding my feet in this little mountain town... slowly but surely...

Freshly made soy milk from the little cart between Shop A and Shop B, near the noodle shop - Check...
Best stall for dragon fruit - red ones - Check...
Best stall for mangoes and longan's - Check...
Best Iced Soy Coffee - Check
Best/Cutest coffee shop - Check (see photos)
Amazing Tuesday market - with EVERYTHING from the surrounding hills including avocados - Check...

And, what I am going to be working on over the coming weeks - Check!

From Thursday to Monday, I sat in on the mid-year strategic planning and visioning workshops... mostly in Thai but, i was able to get a lot of it, when i was informed of the contexts... They were really big days and every now and again, I was asked to present my thoughts and recommendations on different aspects of the upcoming program... It was a very interesting process and I am glad I came up a little earlier than expected to be here for it. It also gave me a great change to meet some of the Bangkok folks... and to observe the group dynamic and thai ways of working...

So, from that, I will be working on...

1. Train the Trainer program - tightening up the framework and providing recommendations about where the program could head over the next five years...

2. 2011 Reunion Festival - contacting all previous participants of study tour, reviewing and consolidating the program, developing framework for next asialink resident to engage...

3. Makhampom Enterprise Development Strategy - lots of ideas coming from the organisation and I am going to research some options and present back some recommendations and maybe, just maybe i will get started on a draft strategy for the next five years (perhaps a little adventurous!)

4. Schools Hosting program - reviewing framework and meeting with international schools to scope new partnership potential

5. Participating in general MKP (short for Makhampom!) business ... Chiang Dao Community program with Pang Daeng Village, Book Bike, Schools program and BKK (Bangkok) programs .. Theatre for transformation workshops and performances

I am heading to Bangkok on 10 August for:

- 7 days of intensive thai language classes (hmmmmm.... brain twist)
- Share for Peace Festival - MKP is performing
- International Schools meetings
- Hanging out with the MKP BKK mob

I am moving into my new little house tomorrow and Saturday. Have been shopping today for all of the bits I need to make it a home...

- Cooker, pots, pans and other random kitchen type things... An outdoor kitchen (my dream kitchen - love it!)
- Sheets, Blankets, Pillows and other bedroom related type things...
- Food - gee it is big setting up a whole new kitchen again...
- Plants! I will try my hand at keeping some alive... surely in this tropical environment they will be fine?!
- Incense, Candles and the most important house thing... TEA ... 5 kinds and, more to come...

So, please come over for a cup of tea sometime soon?

Rainy chiang dao, the butterflies and dragonflies and little snake, that keeps hanging around, and the little cute rat, that keeps eating my stuff, all say HELLO to you!

Hoping the world is treating you all beautifully...

Jade x

Photos are (back to front it seems... still getting used to this blog thang...):

- Haniba Coffee ... Super cute cafe in Chiang Dao
- Welcome to Haniba
- MKP kids waiting for icecream!
- Haniba lights
- Haniba Art

Enjoy... x






No comments:

Post a Comment